A New Approach
Running a business in today’s rapidly changing world sometimes needs a new approach. A fresh pair of eyes can add a new perspective to so many different business issues:
- Inefficient processes
- Being ill-prepared for change to succeed
- Disengaged workforce or disjointed culture
- Ineffective leadership teams
- The wrong people doing the wrong work
Our Business Improvement experts can solve any problems relating to people and processes. We are highly collaborative, employ the latest thinking, and are skilled in training, facilitating and coaching. What really sets us apart is that we empower business owners and leadership teams to solve their own problems, by giving them the tools needed.
- Process improvement
- Change management
- Leadership and development
There is always room for improvement in any business process. Signs that your business processes need to be improved include increasing customer complaints, higher levels of rework, deliveries not being made fast enough and increasing production costs. By assessing quality, cost and delivery – all different components of the production process – you can both address much-needed improvements and get ahead of the game, too.
We are experts in process improvement and will work with you to review your processes and make improvements so that quality, cost and delivery are optimised. Services include:
- Process review, design and improvement
- Continuous improvement and one-to-one coaching
- Lean training and process reviews
- Six Sigma (DMAIC)
- Rapid change (Kaizen facilitation) and customised workshops
- Visual management
- Operational management and improvement
- Managing projects
- Waste identification and reduction.
Change is the only constant in business. Change can arise for many reasons, including legislative requirements, new product lines, a business relocation, new reporting lines for employees, operational improvements and new IT systems. It can also be more fundamental, for example a full organisational restructure in response to an industry reform. Whatever change is taking place in an organisation, it’s important to approach it correctly.
If you don’t manage change effectively, it creates baggage amongst your workforce that can negatively impact any future changes you want to make. If you do manage change correctly there is less resistance and employees are more engaged – ultimately the outcomes from a change are better, and realised more quickly. Creating a change-ready culture is one of the most powerful things a business can do.
As change management experts, involved in large-scale organisational restructures right through to helping prepare organisations for small projects, we know how to prepare for and implement change. Services include:
- Change management readiness assessment
- Change management training for staff and leaders
- Improving change management leadership
- Developing change management strategies
- Culture building
- Advice on stakeholder communication and engagement
- Change management advice and project governance
Wouldn’t it be great to have engaged and productive stakeholders in your business, so they can play a more active role in delivering your purpose and plan? Improving a workplace culture can have a dramatic improvement on so many areas of a business.
Successful businesses can struggle with maintaining a great culture – growth and change require a focus on strengthening culture from time to time. Growing businesses often have an influx of new people through recruitment, or acquisition or merger, and new leadership can sometimes create a disjointed culture. Equally, people leaving your business either through dissatisfaction or because of operational and structural changes, can mean cultural issues also need to be addressed. We have a great deal of experience improving the culture in all manner of businesses, through collaborative workshops and engagement processes. Services include:
- Culture definition (values/behaviours)
- Engagement surveys
- Culture improvement: evaluation; program design; implementation support
- Cultural change and development
- Team building and coaching
- Change management
- Facilitated culture workshops
There are many ways to invest in your leadership team depending on their skills, how engaged your current leadership team is, how well they are performing and working together, and how empowered your current employees feel. Communication problems within your leadership team, high staff turnover and low productivity are all signs there is room for improvement. However, if you get it right, your business will become stronger and more sustainable.
Our assistance can range from simply trouble-shooting a unique leadership problem right through to running large-scale workshops and events for your entire workforce to get them more engaged. Services include:
- Leadership development programs and workshops
- Coaching and advice
- Executive/team retreats
- Professional development conferences and programs
- Team building and team development days
- Staff performance management and communication
- Succession planning
- Design and facilitation of large-scale workshops
- HR management advice