Start the Dinner Revolution and make a meaningful impact on our team
We are looking for a Chef, to play an instrumental role in our employee wellbeing program, making a positive impact on the lives of our team members and their families.
- Initially, you will be responsible for preparing approximately 50-70 dinners for team members and their families once a week, with the potential to expand to 3-4 times per week.
- We anticipate 8-10 hours will be needed per week in the first instance with some additional set-up time.
- You have the option to prepare meals either in your own kitchen or at our office kitchen on Fullarton Road, Dulwich.
- We provide all the necessary equipment, setup, storage, and packaging, ensuring you have everything you need to succeed.
- Your primary focus will be on creating healthy, nutritious, and high-quality meals that cater to varying dietary preferences and requirements.
- You will become an integral part of our Support division, working closely with our team to enable them to have more time for themselves at home and therefore improve their overall wellbeing.
- All additional costs, including ingredients, can be charged to a company credit card or will be reimbursed.
- Your creative flair will shine as you develop a new menu every week, offering our employees a choice of three delicious meals.
- After menu selection, you will be responsible for ingredient procurement, meal preparation, packaging, and timely delivery to our office for team members to take home the same day.
- Ideally, the delivery day would be a Tuesday. The quantities per menu option would be provided to you by the prior Friday.
What we offer
- A fulfilling role that allows you to make a meaningful impact on the lives of our employees and their families.
- Flexibility in choosing where to prepare meals, be it your own kitchen or our office kitchen.
- Full support in terms of equipment, setup, storage, and packaging, with all expenses covered by the firm.
- Reimbursement for all meal-related expenses, including ingredients.
- The opportunity to unleash your culinary creativity by designing a diverse and healthy menu each week.
- A chance to play a vital role in our Support team.
- Possibility for career growth as the program expands and evolves.
Read more about life at Accru Harris Orchard on our Join Us page.
What you bring
- A passion for cooking and an enthusiasm for creating nutritious, high-quality meals.
- Knowledge of nutrition and the ability to craft healthy food options.
- No professional chef or catering experience required – just a love for cooking and a commitment to providing exceptional meals.
- A desire to improve the quality of life for our workforce by saving them time and providing healthy weeknight dinners.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ideal for individuals seeking to re-enter the workforce after a career break, retirees looking for a rewarding part-time role, or aspiring caterers wanting to gain valuable experience.
- It could be especially ideal for chefs, caterers or cooks looking for new opportunities, semi-retired or retired.
If you’re ready to join a dynamic team and contribute to the wellbeing of our employees through your culinary skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting Chef position. Help us create a healthier life for our team members and their families.
To apply, please send a covering letter (and if you have it, a resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’d love to hear from you!