Planning to buy, sell or merge
Buying or selling a business can be one of the most rewarding – but also stressful – things you may ever do. It’s a complex process, so getting the details right is vital. What matters is working with an expert in your corner who has done all of it before: one of the best choices you can make.
We help to answer a huge range of key questions:
- What are the tax merits of the transaction?
- Should I buy the business directly, or buy shares in the company that owns it?
- Am I benefiting from all possible tax concessions?
- How do I know if this transaction will deliver my objectives?
Accru Harris Orchard has completed many transactions on behalf of clients. These range from $90m deals to $200k deals. Some of the larger transactions are listed below. However, we appreciate the value of the transaction doesn’t matter as they are all big deals to the people involved – and we treat them as such.
- A $90m merger between Australia’s two largest online dating businesses – Oasis Active and RSVP.
- The sale of Organic & Raw, a South Australian drinks manufacturer, to Coca-Cola in a $multi-million transaction, only eight years after starting the business.
- The sale of Oil Industry & Catering Services (OICS) to Village National who provide accommodation solutions for ‘away from home’ workers in regional Australia.
- Sydney client, Audrey Page, acquired by another outplacement business to form The Career Insight Group.
- The sale of Cospective, creator of the Academy Award and Emmy-winning synchronised remote review tool ‘cineSync’ to ftrack, the global media review platform headquartered in Sweden.
Transaction support services include:
- Due diligence
- Tax structuring
- Business structures